As an Adams Cable Internet subscriber you gain access to five free email accounts (while you are subscribed) with each having a total storage of 1GB.
If you go over or approach this limit you may receive a letter to clean up your account.
You can check your current used storage following the steps below:
- Click on the "Settings" cog in the upper right corner
- In the left window panel select "Folders"
- In the center window panel there will be a circle with the percentage of storage used
- Check the option "View" -> "Layout" -> "Folder Pane Columns"
- If you don’t have the menu interface on top, instead use the menu stack icon (three stacked lines) over on the right to check Preferences/Layout/Folder Pane Columns
- There are options to show the total number of messages, the number of unread messages, and the size of the folder
- To access them, click on the tiny icon at the top of the folder pane, to the right of the “Name” column and any others that might be showing—it looks like a little table with a downward pointing triangle
- Set it so that only the size of the folder is checked
- Right click on the email address you wish to check
- Click "Data File Properties..."
- Click on "Folder Size..."
- The total size will be the section labeled "Total size (including subfolders)"
- Click "Mailboxes" in the "Favorites bar" to open the Mail sidebar
- Control-click a mailbox in the sidebar, then choose "Get Account Info"
- In the "Account Info" window, click the "Account" dropdown menu, choose an account
- Then click on the "Quota Limits" tab